The first amplifiers made in-house by the Fender Electric Instrument Company have been dubbed the Woodie series, built in 1946 through 1948.
- gratisdating nu
- bluetooth dating app
- ukraina ua dating
- dating the new testament
- denmark aarup dating women
The Brownface series was introduced in 1959 and discontinued in 1963.
This period marked the beginning of Fender's use of Tolex to cover amp cabinets.
The Brown amplifiers included all of the all-in-one combo models except the flagship Twin and Vibrasonic, and the little Champ which retained its "tweed" (twill) covering.
The Blonde amplifiers included all of the piggyback Fender amps (the Tremolux, Bassman, Showman, and Bandmaster) as well as the Twin and Vibrasonic combos.
The first cloth used was an off-white fabric, followed by a horizontal-stripe two-tone pattern, and finally a two-tone twill.
The twill covering was first used in 1946 on the Dual Professional, a twin 10" 6L6-powered model of which only 400 were made before being renamed "the Super Amp" in 1948.
There were only six amplifiers covered in tolex originally, the Professional Series: Bandmaster, Concert, Pro, Super, Twin (production halted Feb-May 1960, resumed as the blonde Twin) and Vibrasonic.
These were considered a step above the student models (Champ, Harvard, Princeton) which remained tweed-covered in 1960.
The construction of the chassis was changed as well, mounted to the back with the tubes pointed down, as opposed to having the chassis mounted on the top of the cabinet.